Retiring Showcase - Tile Floral Birthday Card In Lovely Lipstick
Libby found a pin for us to try out. Here is something similar > pin. It uses a technique that turns the card front background into a field of tile. It was challenging for us to figure out how to replicate the pin as we didn't go find a blog article to help us figure it out. I think our first try at this came out great!
The tiles I created are 1" x 1". I used grid paper, made tick marks with a pencil, then scored the paper using a score board and bone folder. I masked off using post it notes and sponged the bottom corner of the tile using finger daubers. This is a fast and fun technique that really pops!
As I was writing this post, I thought it would be more efficient to score the lines using the new trimmer without the use of the grid paper. I've created a video showing a non-technical way to quickly score a diamond shaped grid. Video length 13 min. 42 sec.
What is NOT retiring: sentiment, die cut, Whisper White card stock, trim, butterfly dies, trimmer, score board and bone folder. Yes, SNAIL is retiring this year, to be replaced with a new adhesive called SEAL.
If you do not have a demonstrator or are looking for a change, I would love to have the honor. I am an active YouTuber and blogger, here are some other Stampin' Up! web activities I have for you to check out:
- Shop at my online store - 24 x 7. Don't miss the clearance rack with up to 70% off! Be sure to use the monthly host code (upper right nav) for FREE gifts!
- Be sure to try out my Stampin' Up! Sentiments Advanced Search tool that is loaded with the current catalogs' sentiments!
- Check out my YouTube Channel! I have over 280 stamping and camping videos.
- Consider signing up for the Stampin' Up! Paper Pumpkin kit each month, I publish a monthly video of alternative card ideas to inspire you as well as offer a rewards program for long term subscribers.
- Contact me for more information or assistance on any of your crafty needs, let me be your crafting angel.
Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to leave comments or questions, I am here to help!