March 2019 Colour Combo Blog Hop
Welcome to the March Colour Combo blog hop. Our colors this month are: Pool Party, Shaded Spruce and Flirty Flamingo. You may have just visited Birgit's blog or perhaps you are starting your journey here with me. I hope you feel inspired to create something of your own as a result of hoping with us today.
Last sunday, my team leader Libby Foreman and I, spent the morning crafting. When we lived near each other we would craft together quite often. These days our only option is online, and you know, it works out quite well!
I asked Libby if for one of our projects we could make a card using the blog hop colors and though neither of us are fond of Flirty Flamingo, she obliged me. Next we searched for a stamp set that we both own, had not used much (in my case not ever) and we chose "Best Bunny" from the annual catalog. Finally, we looked for inspiration on Pinterest and came up with this pin to CASE, check it out, it uses a party mask on the background that is fun and easy to use. I need to play with these masks more often!
I don't own the coordinating bunny punch so I had the pleasure of fussy cutting. I used the large bunny stamps, cut out the two bunny shapes following the stamped lines, then flipped the cardstock over to the non stamped side. To make the bunny pop (and hide my imperfect cutting, I used Basic Gray and sponged the edges. I found a perfect bunny tail in the Wonderful Romance dies. It is slightly smaller than the Best Bunny tail but I knew I wasn't going to cut out the scallops evenly. The tail was lightly sponged.
I used the corrugated embossing folder on the banner. It was topped with a white and silver baker's twine bow at the top.
I envisioned adding a focal area for the bunny. The oval label from the "Wonderful Romance" bundle was a perfect fit. In addition, two foliage die cuts from that bundle were used to create Pool Party and Silver Foil embellishments. The edges of the Pool Party leaves were sponged with Shaded Spruce and the leaves were formed for more dimension.
I prefer more layers, so rather than stencil on the card base, I created an ombre design in the bottom left corner of a piece of Whisper White cardstock using Pool Party and Shaded Spruce. This layer was then trimmed to 3 3/4 x 5". It was matted with a 4 x 5 1/4" piece of Shaded Spruce cardstock.
Here's a closeup of the bunny layers. My husband didn't get it...he wanted to know why the bunny was facing away from him. I had to say it was just for fun. I guess he doesn't think us crafters like to toss a bit of humor into their projects...wrong!
And now, I want to show you how different two CASEd projects can be, even when the criteria is "seemingly" very exact. Here is Libby's interpretation of our inspiration with the prescribed colors, I love her foliage and the white bunny on the Flirty Flamingo banner.
I hope you enjoyed my project (and Libby's!). Next up along the hop "no pun intended" is Janey. Click on the next image to see her creation, but first please leave a comment, I love to hear from you!
Full Blog Hop List:
- Pia Gerhardt - Scraproomboom (DE) https://stampwithscraproomboom.blogspot.com/2019/03/colour-combo-blog-hop-march-2019.html
- Sandra Herzog - https://herzerlskreativecke.at/2019/03/13/colour-combo-blog-hop-maerz-2019/
- Silke Trapani (DE) - https://bastelsalat.blogspot.com/2019/03/colour-combo-blog-hop-march-2019.html
- Nadine Hößrich (DE) - https://stempelboom.de/colourcombo-bloghop-032019/
- Katie Johnson (USA) - http://www.stampladykatie.com/2019/03/lily-pad-lake-color-combo-blog-hop.html
- Tricia Butts (U.S.A.) https://triciastampingcreations.blogspot.com/2019/03/colour-combo-march-blog-hop.html
- Sandra Roberts (UK) - https://stampnstudio.blogspot.com/2019/03/colour-combo-blog-hop-march.html
- Rene Guenther (DE) - https://blog.stempeln-mit-rene.de/2019/03/colour-combo-blog-hop-marz-2019.html
- Sue McDonald (UK) - https://frankiesue.blogspot.com/2019/03/colour-combo-blog-hop-march.html
- Tanja Klingler-Selinger (AUT) - https://www.aigenmade.com/colour-combo-blog-hop-maerz-2019/
- Anastasia Radloff (US) - http://www.stampinblondie.com/2019/03/colour-combo-blog-hop-march-2019.html
- Birgit Heßdörfer (DE) - https://kreativstempel.com/2019/03/13/color-combo-blog-hop-maerz-2019/
- Tracy Marie Lewis - Stuff N Thingz (US) - You Are Here
- Janey Backer Inspired Stamping (US) - http://bit.ly/2GTgPL5
- Dorothee Felicitas Buhn https://www.dorobuhn.de/colour-combo-blog-hop-march
- Cheryl Taylor (UK) - Stampin n Crafting with Cheryldiana http://cheryldiana.co.uk/colour-combo-march-2019-bh
If you are looking for a demonstrator, I would love to have the honor. I enjoy helping others along their crafting adventure, whatever their goals may be. I do offer FREE gifts when you use the monthly host code.
Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to leave comments or questions, I am here to help!