Cardmaking Video - Watercolor Pencils - Techniques & demonstrations - Part 3 - More Speed Coloring & Wrap Up
The flower I talk about during Part 1, I use again here, testing it out on Whisper White, with light pressure color followed by very light water to activate the color.
Alas, I did most of the "tips & tricks" talking during the speed coloring so then I created notes throughout the video for you to capture what is relevent to you. I seemed if I did a voice over of all this information, it would distract you from observing the coloring itself. The speed sections were increased to 4x normal speed.
Here's the color list from Part 1:
- Daffodil Delight
- Pumpkin Pie
- Granny Apple Green
- Old Olive
- Melon Mambo
- Rich Razzleberry
- Night Of Navy
Below, I've included the color chart I created showing how the colored pencil compares to the matching ink.
I finish this video with a wrap up of my thoughts about each technique and how they look on completed cards.
The best advice I can give you as you experiment with your watercolor pencils (or any medium for that matter) is to never, ever give up on your project before you put it on a card front. You will be surprised at how much better it looks when it is nestled on a nice layout with some embellishments around it.
If you do not have a demonstrator or are looking for a change, I would love to have the honor. I am an active YouTuber and blogger, here are some other Stampin' Up! web activities I have for you to check out:
- Shop at my online store - 24 x 7. Don't miss the clearance rack with up to 70% off! Be sure to use the monthly host code (upper right nav) for FREE gifts!
- Be sure to try out my Stampin' Up! Sentiments Advanced Search tool that is loaded with the current catalogs' sentiments!
- Check out my YouTube Channel! I have over 280 stamping and camping videos.
- Consider signing up for the Stampin' Up! Paper Pumpkin kit each month, I publish a monthly video of alternative card ideas to inspire you as well as offer a rewards program for long term subscribers.
- Contact me for more information or assistance on any of your crafty needs, let me be your crafting angel.
Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to leave comments or questions, I am here to help!