Technique Strip Series #2 - Watercolored Embossing Paste
The second strip project started with a full A2 size piece of watercolor paper. This technique is water heavy and regular cardstock will not work.
I followed the inspiration pin pretty close, changing the strip mat, sentiment and gems. I also omitted one cardstock layer, chosing to heat emboss the sentiment on the base itself which is something I rarely do. I was concerned with the 1/4" max thickness and one ounce weight for the most economical USPS first class non machined mail.
This card at a minimum will include the two layers of Whisper White thick (at around 110lb), 140lb watercolor paper and the embossing paste thickness. As far as weight goes, making this a strip card is the perfect way to ensure it will be under the one ounce weight limit on a non-machinable first class stamp.
This technique uses a large brush to apply the colored water. For the color,I used re-inkers, adding a couple of drops to each Stampin' Spot lid. Two drops was one drop too much so I had to water down each color quite a bit. I then applied each color as a wash on one third of the strip to end up with a three color ombre look.
This was a messy, but fun technique. I've never used watercolor to color dried paste already applied to the surface. For previous projects, I've colored the paste directly with re-inker ink mixed into the paste prior to application. If you've never used this method, give it a try.
I then cut the dried project into two 2 1/8" strips.
Have you used texture paste in this way before? Let me know if you have used texture paste as part of other techniques, I want to try as many texture paste techniques as possible.
If you do not have a demonstrator or are looking for a change, I would love to have the honor. I am an active YouTuber and blogger, here are some other Stampin' Up! web activities I have for you to check out:
- Shop at my online store - 24 x 7. Don't miss the clearance rack with up to 70% off! Be sure to use the monthly host code (upper right nav) for FREE gifts!
- Be sure to try out my Stampin' Up! Sentiments Advanced Search tool that is loaded with the current catalogs' sentiments!
- Check out my YouTube Channel! I have over 300 stamping and camping videos.
- Consider signing up for the Stampin' Up! Paper Pumpkin kit each month, I publish a monthly video of alternative card ideas to inspire you as well as offer a rewards program for long term subscribers.
- Contact me for more information or assistance on any of your crafty needs, let me be your crafting angel.
Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to leave comments or questions, I am here to help!