Red Lighthouse Birthday Card
I needed to make a birthday card for a Pacific Northwest resident. I decided to get my High Tide stamp set out. It is a nice change to use scene creating stamp sets. The sentiment was a tough one to find as I needed it to be a certain size to fill in the available space, and it needed to be masculine. It ended up that the perfect sentiment is from Perennial Birthday.
Here are the colors I used:
Lighthouse: Real Red, Smoky Slate
Ocean: Soft Sea Foam - repeated stamping off
Sand: Crumb Cake - repeated stamping off
Birds: Memento Tuxedo Black
Sun: Daffodil Delight
Sea Grass: Old Olive, Mossy Meadow
For added interest I dry embossed Real Red Cardstock using the Seaside embossing folder and to ensure that the embossing showed, I offset the focal. I did make a very thin mat of Soft Sea Foam behind the focal and popped it up on the Real Red with dimensionals.
I then decided to use a black base and cut the Real Red just a smidge to have a very thin black mat. The inside is stamps and has a thin red mat.
Focal: 3 3/4" x 5"
Focal Mat: 4" x 5 1/4"
Red Background: 4 3/8" x 5 1/8" (I would say it is a smidge over these dimensions)
Looking for more Stampin' Up! action?
- Check out my YouTube Channel with over 230 stamping and camping videos to enjoy!
- Consider playing with the Stampin' Up! Paper Pumpkin kit each month - I create a very popular Alternatives YouTube each month to inspire my customers and subscribers to think outside the box!
- Shop at my online store - 24 x 7. Don't miss the clearance rack with up to 70% off!
- Be sure to try out my new Stampin' Up! Sentiments Advanced Search tool that is loaded with both the annual catalog greetings and Occasions/SAB catalog sentiments!
- Want a discount on Stampin' Up! Products all the time? Consider joining the fun!
- Contact me for more information or assistance on any of your crafty needs, let me be your crafting angel.
Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to leave comments or questions, I am here to help!