October 2018 - Kre8tors Blog Hop - Inspiration Image Color Challenge - Autumn
Today I am hopping with the Kre8tors blog hop group. We were challenged to use at least three of the listed colors as well as be inspired by the provided image. I knew immediately that I would be using the Rooted In Nature Bundle, but did not know what I wanted to make, I sort of let the project create itself with some input from my husband. Included below is a short video illustrating how I create a multicolored stamp element and then I talk through the project. Video length min.
I used all five colors:
Granny Apple Green
The edges were distressed with snips with folds and tears added using my fingers. The Subtle embossing folder added texture to the dsp. The dsp was spritzed liberally first so it would end up with some natural waves once dry. Random dimensionals with equally random snail applied to the DSP emphasized the waves. The below image shows the many layers, folds and tears.
Here are the layer dimensions:
Focal 2 3/4" square
Focal Mat: 3" square
DSP background layer: 3 3/4" x 5"
The three partial mats were not measured, I used scraps.
The sentiment is the smaller Lilypad Lake label die cut.
I hope you like my project. Don’t forget to leave a comment before you hop over to Su's project. Just click on the arrow below. If you get lost along the hop, you can use the blog hop list below to help guide you along.
Roll Call List
Looking for more Stampin' Up! action?
- Check out my YouTube Channel with over 200 stamping and camping videos to enjoy!
- Consider playing with the Stampin' Up! Paper Pumpkin kit each month
- Shop at my online store
- Be sure to try out my new Stampin' Up! Sentiments Advanced Search tool that is loaded with both the annual catalog greetings and the holiday catalog sentiments!
- Want a discount on Stampin' Up! products? Consider joining the fun!
- Contact me for more information or assistance
Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to leave comments or questions, I am here to help!