Floral Frame Take Two - Using Copics
I made two floral frames. This is the first attempt at using thick dies for coloring. The first one I made with stacked watercolor paper, a second stack of 4x dies using Neenah Classic Crest. I matched the watercolors I'd used on the first project to equivalent Copics for this project. Because I use Copice for all of my coloring, I found it much quicker and less messy to use them. I feel that I achieved nice blends with little work.
I did struggle with replicating the background. It took alot of removing and re-applying B24 and B45 using a variety of techniques to get a nice looking background. I used paper towel texture to get a stippling effect. I splashed coloreless blender solution and dabbed it off. colored, did both treatments again. I then used the pens to add dots including the colorless blender pen erased dots. I like how it came out in the end. It is a trade off, the image was quicker to finish using copics but the background was quicker with watercolor. The only real difference I saw was with the background and the paper itself.
I like the look of the thick die cut, it gives an added dimension to both projects. For the ultimate test, I asked my husband which he preferred. He chose the Copic version. I like them both!
Copic Sketch markers used:
Flowers: R29, Y17, YR07
Leaves: YG05, YG17, YG61, YR23, YR24
Sky: B24, B45 and colorless blender solution as well as colorless blender pen
I am entering this project in the following challenges:
Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to leave comments or questions, I am here to help!