Winter Album Walkthrough - Retreat Goal #1

Publish Date: 
Winter Album Walkthrough | Tracy Marie Lewis |

I set my spring craft retreat goal to make three albums. Two of them I would start from scratch and would be hard bound style versus ring bound. I did my research ahead of time. I had already chosen my online mentor. I chose the videos from My Sisters Scrapper which are created by Ginger Ropp. She attends these retreats off and on and I've seen the awesome albums she creates. So, well in advance of the retreat, I watched videos of the style of pocket page I wanted to make.

I bought the materials and made a couple of samples. I also purchased some clearance winter theme paper pads. I chose to mix and match the pages to achieve the exact look I was after. I then purchased one specific stamp and die set to further supplement some embellishments I'd already bought on sale from Michaels. I decided on Simon Says Stamp's Set BUNDLE UP Cold Hands Warm Heart. I sponged each edge with Distress Ink Hickory Smoke. The photo mats I rounded for more interest. I used cheese cloth, drops, wood and pearls in addition to matching corrugated papers.

It was really fun and ALOT of work! I chose to work in phases choosing to complete every step before moving on to the next. First I cut and formed all five pages. Next I cut out enough designed paper to cover all pages with one extra per size to give some choices when trying to avoid repeats. Step three was cutting the photo mats and rounding all the corners. I then sponged all of the pages and that was so time consuming, I was not prepared for how long that process was.

Another time consuming step was assigning paper to each location on the pocket page. I had a hard time seeing the layout and ended up using repositionable tape to keep every single piece in place. After alot of review and re-shuffling, I let my friend Libby have a look at it and she found a couple more "improvement opportunities". After all that I was ready to permanently tape down the decorative paper. I then repeated the process for the mats. Luckily they did not need adhering.

I created the binding and cover last. It took three tries to get the binding correct! It was fun to put it all together and see the fruits of my labor. I saved embellishing for the next day. Embellishing took forever but was not tedious at all since I had such a wide variety of doo-dads to integrate. It was like making 20 cards in a row one after the other all with a similar theme!

My Sisters Scrapper You Tube Tutorials used to make the album:

Supplies Used In This Project: 

Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to leave comments or questions, I am here to help!


Add new comment