Bah, It is never good when you get a blank page on your own website

So tonight I clicked on one of my Supplies terms to see how many stamps my stamp category had in it. And voila, there it was THE DREADED BLANK PAGE. So, being that this website is DIYed by me. That left me spending the evening unraveling the mystery and trying to fix it. I did some more digging and found out that my Supplies terms and Tag terms were returning empty. I only have a total of three Taxonomies, and these two are the only ones active. I appeared to have broke taxonomy completely.

After some general searches on the internet for possible sources of the problem, I changed tactics. I thought to try to install a module that allows custom management of the terms View. I installed it, enabled it and configured it for my Supplies. And happ, happy, joy, joy, my supplies terms were producing results again.

Then I switched to my Article tags, those were a no go. So for tonight I turned them off. I enjoy searching on brands, or type of card so I will need to get that working again. I thought it would be fun to keep this blog up to date on my DIY tasks for the site for those of you who are teetering on brink of starting your own website.

One possible root of this issue could be the security patch I had to install last week. 7.41. I will continue to investigate and will update on how I get my Article tags working again.

Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to leave comments or questions, I am here to help!

~Tracy

Add new comment