Tissue Paper Technique - Second Attempt

Publish Date: 

After my failed first try at this technique, I put more thought into my overall design. One of the disappointments of the first card is that I chose that sparkly, twinkly lavender under layer that peeked out the edges 1/8" but turned the tissue paper into a dull grey. Very bad choice of color there. So this time around I chose colors better suited for a rustic distressed look. Green and a dark mustard. Again I was careful with my inking, very light ink with a light touch. I chose a silhouette requiring no copic coloring. I used a thick satin ribbon with small pearls for embellishments. I also left more wrinkles visible in the tissue paper (I did not press super hard when applying it to the WHITE background. I did NOT make the mistake of thinking my shimmery copper background would look nice through the tissue, instead I used a white base and just used that copper as a 1/8" border. I am still not thrilled with how much th eink bled but this try came out much more to my liking.

Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to leave comments or questions, I am here to help!


Supplies Used In This Project: 

Add new comment