First Valentine Card Of This Year (2019)
I was thrilled to receive my Occasions haul in January. As I sat down for my weekend of crafting, the very first card I made was a Valentine. I used the Be Mine Stitched Thinlit Dies with three colors of cardstock: Lovely Lipstick, Berry Burst and Rich Razzleberry.
I had a chunk of white Wood Texture DSP floating around my desk that I had not used on a previous project so I started there by die cutting two stitched hearts in it.
The array of hearts die cut is awesome. In addition to the dainty heart outlines that you can cut up any way you need, you get an instant set of many different hearts to use on other projects. That is why I chose to cut it in Lovely Lipstick which is a more traditional red.
To go with the Be Mine dies I also purchased a long sought after edge die set called Delicate Lace Edgelits dies. Ooo they are so pretty!
The open heart is popped up with trimmed down dimensionals and the words were cut three times to get the height I was after (in fact the third die cut I used thick white as i wanted the words to be very thick).
These words are from the new Well Written die set. I added a large rhinestone to the solid Rich Razzleberry heart to finish it off. I used a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Rich Razzleberry background and cut the wood texture to leave a 1/8" border.
Looking for more Stampin' Up! action?
- Check out my YouTube Channel with over 230 stamping and camping videos to enjoy!
- Consider playing with the Stampin' Up! Paper Pumpkin kit each month - I create a very popular Alternatives YouTube each month to inspire my customers and subscribers to think outside the box!
- Shop at my online store - 24 x 7. Don't miss the clearance rack with up to 70% off!
- Be sure to try out my new Stampin' Up! Sentiments Advanced Search tool that is loaded with both the annual catalog greetings and the holiday catalog sentiments!
- Want a discount on Stampin' Up! Products all the time? Consider joining the fun!
- Contact me for more information or assistance on any of your crafty needs, let me be your crafting angel.
Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to leave comments or questions, I am here to help!