Bird On A Branch Thinking Of You Card
In our very small traveling home, there's not many places things can hide. In a narrow set of upper doors we store our electronics and notebooks. Somehow a USPS priority mail box, the small one, filled with last summer's unfinished stamp-a-stack project lie hidden. I found it two days ago and was thrilled. I had just finished my March birthday cards and was so pleased to find an instant project to work
I partially finish my stamp-a-stack projects to varying degrees of "complete". The reason for this is because I work very slow. My hands, though I've had surgery on them now used to slow me down quite a bit,and truthfully, they will never be 100% so I will always work slow. I've learned to partially complete each design, using what materials I don't have at home. Sometimes I will forget an element and have to improvise. This strategy allows me to relax and enjoy my time with my fellow crafters and not feel rushed.
In some cases a layout will not work for me at all and I will bring home the pieces unfinished to work out a different type of design that will work for me. In this stamp a stack, which consisted of 5 cards, x 3 of them, one was a tuxedo. I enjoyed the exercise of getting the paper folds done nice and crisp and the bow was very cute, but I cannot see any purpose I would have for a tuxedo. Yes, I know perhaps for a young man who is attending a special event perhaps, but really, I don't know anyone who would appreciate it. So, you will not see a Tuxedo card in this bunch I am writing about.
The first project I liked alot, It was my second favorite. I had two finished and the pieces for a third. I changed the background to a watercolored sky blue wash I used distress inks broken china as I no longer own many Stampin' Up Inks anymore (sold them as part of my downsizing). I used a different sentiment that I popped up and made it a small banner. I chose this sentiment so I can send a friend this card while I am traveling.
I'd colored the bird, branch and flowers using provided Stampin' Up Dye Inks with a water brush. I added the dark brown mat for contrast.
I still have minimal internet so won't be entering any challenges with this project.
Thanks for stopping by!