Pink Van Gogh Valentine Card
Of all the Valentine's day cards, I worked on this project the longest. I started it back when I cut the full die cut floral background. I was waiting for "pink" challenges to make me build this card up into something special. I even had the sentiment stamped and die cut, ready to go. I chose to cut the sentiment using Gina Marie's pierced and stitched scalloped rectangles. The card ended up being for my friend Libby who let me borrow this awesome floral background die. I like to make her fun fancy cards so that is what I did with it.
The flowers are Spellbinders Marisa's Bouquet which I believe is no longer sold. It has a nice variety to flowers and I needed a 5 petal flower to match the background die flowers. I cut the flowers in 2 shades of pink using Recollections cardstock. I then formed the flowers to give them dimension and used Scotch quick dry adhesive to attach the layers and add the finished flowers to the sentiment. I used three shades of distress inks: Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick and Festive Rasberry for the sponged background which I sprayed with water to produce the mottled effect.
I used pearl centers, left white to go with the white ribbon accent. Then for good measure I added a little vellum butterfly. This is one of my favorites!
I am entering this project in the following Challenges:
Thanks for stopping by!